- Rules and Regulations
- Northpoint Sports will NOT assume the responsibility for any public liability claims during the time of rental. Any accident causing bodily damage to any member of the Lessee/s organization shall be the responsibility of the Lessee. All associations must provide proof of insurance.
- Northpoint Sports will NOT be responsible for any damage or loss as a result of property or goods brought to or left on the facilities premises.
- ALL GROUPS MUST HAVE A VALID CREDIT CARD ON FILE TO SECURE A RENTAL SLOT.
- A one-time payment to cover the full cost of the time slot is required. Credit card or debit card payment only, NO CASH (interact machine available on site). Declined credit or debit card will result in the booked time being forfeited.
- Northpoint Sports will only cancel time in severe weather conditions (when Metro Bus public transportation is taken off the road), or from December 24-26th 2021 and December 31-January 2nd, 2022 included, as well Easter Sunday and Canada Day. ALL OTHER CANCELLATIONS WILL REQUIRE FULL RENTAL PAYMENT.
- Alcoholic beverages or cannabis are not permitted within the confines of the entire Facility, including outdoors. No smoking nor vaping is permitted. Failure to comply with this section will lead to immediate agreement termination, all future bookings withdrawn and permanent ban from the Facility.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated on these premises. Anyone caught causing damage to these premises will not only be banned from Northpoint Sports, the group they are with will also have their booking revoked.
- Northpoint Sports will also have the person(s) causing the damage charged for vandalism and held responsible for the cost of repairing the damage.
- To stop accidents before they occur: Indoor dry shoes ONLY to be worn on the floors; No food or water bottles allowed on the floors; no gum chewing, spitting or any actions that may cause accidents.
- All groups must follow all the requirements and regulations for Indoor Recreation Activities set forth by Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Health and Community Services.
- Northpoint Sports will follow all Covid-19 guidelines and protocol set forth by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Health and Community Services.
- Northpoint Sports will not be liable if the facility is unavailable because of circumstances beyond the control of the Lessor. This includes but is not limited to virus/disease, fire, equipment failure, emergency hazardous conditions or any act of God.
- Please notify Staff on duty if you suspect/observe any damage to the property or malfunction of equipment.
- The First Aid Kit and AED are located at the Office. In case of minor injuries, please notify Staff on duty. For serious injuries/emergencies, notify Staff and call 911 from the Office phone.
- Northpoint Sports is a smoke/vape/fragrance-free facility.
As a rule of thumb, Northpoint Sports will remain open while Metrobus is operational.
Decision about Opening
Northpoint Sports opens at the regular time regardless of the weather.
Decision about Closing Early
The decision about closing is made in consultation with the Director of Northpoint Sports. Patrons, groups/teams will be notified accordingly via email.
Decision about Re-opening
Updates about re-opening typically coincide with Metrobus updates. A decision about reopening will be announced once Metrobus has announced it will resume service.
Communications for updates, closures, etc.
The Director, Manager ensures patrons, groups/teams are updated as follows: